Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Neil Perry’s classic fried rice
- 555 g (1 lb 4 oz/3 cups) cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 large green king prawns (shrimp), peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) Chinese-style barbecue pork, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow bean soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 spring onions (scallions), cut into julienne
- a pinch of freshly ground white pepper
- You too can become a 'Star chef' by helping Neil and many others raise funds for the Starlight Children’s Foundation. Neil Perry is an ambassador of Serving up Smiles.
Heat a wok until just smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil and, when hot, stir-fry the prawns until just cooked, then remove.
Reheat the wok, add the eggs and move them around the wok gently until just set.
Turn the egg out onto a plate and roughly chop with your wok spoon.
Wipe the wok clean and reheat with the remaining peanut oil until just smoking. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, then add the pork and cook for 1 minute.
Add the rice and stir-fry for another minute, then return the prawns to the wok.
Add the soy sauces, sea salt, sugar, oyster sauce and sesame oil, and stir-fry until the rice is coated with sauce. Add the egg and spring onions and toss together.
Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with ground pepper to serve.
WATCH: Curtis Stone makes a simple aioli