- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup jam (we used orange marmalade!)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Plain flour, to dust
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, to glaze
- Lemon Glace icing, to serve (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 190 C/170 C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place apple, almonds, jam and zest in a bowl. Toss to combine.
2. Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Place on a lightly floured surface. Spoon mixture onto centres of squares. Brush pastry edges lightly with egg. Fold pastry diagonally in half over filling to make triangles. Press edges with a fork to seal.
3. Place on prepared tray. Glaze tops with remaining egg. Bake for 25 minutes until puffed and crisp. Cool. Drizzle with icing before serving.
TIPS: Toast almonds in a dry frying pan over moderate heat, shaking pan, until golden.