Curtis Stone's prosciutto wrapped prawn skewers
- For the prawns
- 12 thin slices prosciutto, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 48 raw Crystal Bay prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 2 tbsp Coles Brand olive oil
- For the passionfruit glaze
- Pulp from 4 passionfruit
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
1. To make the skewers, gently wrap a strip of prosciutto around the top and centre portion of each prawn.
2. Place 3 prawns onto each skewer, slightly curled, to hold the prosciutto in place while the prawns cook.
3. To make the glaze, whisk the passionfruit, honey, shallots, lemon zest, thyme and mint in a medium mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the barbecue or a char-grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush the prawns with the glaze and char-grill. Cook the prawns on the char-grill for 2-3 minutes on one side without turning to ensure that the prosciutto crisps up.
5. Flip prawns, brush with glaze and cook 2-3 minutes more before removing from the char-grill. (Note: the glaze will burn if spilled, be careful when basting the prawns.)
6. Transfer the skewers to a serving platter and spoon any remaining glaze over the prawns.
Related video: Curtis Stone on how to make meat skewers
Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.
Simple healthy winter eating tipsWinter can be an easy time to gain weight with tracksuits and baggy jumpers hiding extra kilos gained over the colder months. But after a few months the sun will shine again and reality will hit, so...