Pregnant women should drink more milk to increase their child's IQExpectant mothers who don't get enough iodine risk having children with a low IQ, according to a UK study.
NASA to make 3D printed pizzaForget labouring over meals in the kitchen, a Jetsons-style life with food produced at the press of a button could be on the horizon, thanks to 3D printing.
The Today Show guys tried the world's hottest meat pie, here's what happenedRon Bruns from the Bremen Patisserie in NSW has concocted the world’s hottest pie, which he serves with a legal waiver.
Curtis Stone's spicy penne with chorizo and roasted tomato sauce
- 6 medium field tomatoes, core removed, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 1 small brown onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 tsp Masterfoods chilli flakes
- 1 chorizo, from the deli, halved and cut into 2mm long slices
- 350g Coles Brand penne pasta
- 1/4 cup Mil Lel shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup lightly packed basil leaves, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 1°C (170°C fan forced). Arrange tomatoes on a foil - lined baking tray, cut side up. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. On a separate foil-lined tray, repeat with the whole capsicum, onion and garlic.
3. Place both trays in oven and roast the tomatoes for about 1 hour, or until soft and lightly browned. Roast the capsicum, onion and garlic for 30 minutes until lightly charred and very tender. Transfer the capsicum to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam off skin. Peel and discard skin, stem and seeds.
4. Squeeze the flesh from the garlic into a food processor, discarding the skin and add the onion and capsicum. Pulse until chunky. Add the tomatoes and process until combined but still chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook penne according to packet instructions. Drain penne in a colander. Return the pan to medium heat with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add chorizo and cook until lightly browned, adding the chilli flakes after 2 minutes.
6. Add the tomato sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Fold in basil and divide evenly among 4 shallow serving bowls. Garnish with shaved parmesan and serve.
Related video: Curtis Stone on which pastas go with which sauces