Curtis Stone's sausage and chickpea bake
- 3 slices Coles Smart Buy white bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Coles Finest bred free range apple and cider pork sausages, casings removed, meat broken into large pieces
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 3/4cm pieces
- 1 tsp Coles Brand smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Coles Brand dried chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 400g can Russo chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Campbell’s chicken stock
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
Place bread in a food processor and pulse into large crumbs. Transfer to a baking tray and toast in oven for 10 minutes or until pale golden brown.
Place large heavy based saucepan over high heat and add oil. Once hot, brown sausage meat, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
Add paprika and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute.
Add garlic, thyme, chickpeas and two thirds of the breadcrumbs and stir to coat in spices.
Add stock and simmer for 7-8 minutes until stock reduces by about a third.
Pour mixture into a 2 litre ovenproof dish and cook for 25 minutes. Scatter remaining bread crumbs over mixture and cook for another 10 minutes until crumbs are golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Watch Curtis cooks fettuccini with chicken meatballs
Al dente: Cook your pasta like the Italians doItalians eat their pasta al dente, which means a little hard on the tooth, this is important because it keeps the pasta at an appropriate texture. Pasta cooked al dente will taste great and not be...
Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.