Orange blossom doughnuts with peach and vanilla jamTrish Gallagher aka The Pink Leopard shares her recipe for Orange blossom doughnuts with peach and vanilla jam.
A daily cup of cocoa could ward off diabetes: expertsAdding cocoa powder to your diet could reduce inflammation, which is a known risk factor for diabetes, a US study suggests.
Curtis Stone's coconut prawn noodle soup
- 150g Chang’s Thai-Style Rice Noodles, broken in half
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Coles Brand chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Coles Brand brown sugar
- 350g banana prawns, peeled, tail removed, deveined, halved lengthwise
- 1 large buk choy, thickly shredded
- 1/2 cup TCC coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Maggi fish sauce
- 50g (about 3/4 cup) fresh bean shoots
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the noodles, remove from
the heat and stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Drain.
Meanwhile, place another large deep saucepan over medium high heat
and add the oil. Once very hot, add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes
or until golden brown.
Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Pour in the stock, water and brown sugar and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
Add the prawns and buk choy and simmer for another 2 minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce. Fold in the bean shoots and remove
Divide evenly among 4 large bowls and garnish with basil.
Serve with spoon and chopsticks.Tip: Add more water if the liquid reduces too much.
Watch Curtis shows how to create a great stir-fry