Curtis Stone's coconut prawn noodle soup
- 150g Chang’s Thai-Style Rice Noodles, broken in half
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Coles Brand chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Coles Brand brown sugar
- 350g banana prawns, peeled, tail removed, deveined, halved lengthwise
- 1 large buk choy, thickly shredded
- 1/2 cup TCC coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Maggi fish sauce
- 50g (about 3/4 cup) fresh bean shoots
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the noodles, remove from
the heat and stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Drain.
Meanwhile, place another large deep saucepan over medium high heat
and add the oil. Once very hot, add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes
or until golden brown.
Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Pour in the stock, water and brown sugar and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
Add the prawns and buk choy and simmer for another 2 minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce. Fold in the bean shoots and remove
Divide evenly among 4 large bowls and garnish with basil.
Serve with spoon and chopsticks.Tip: Add more water if the liquid reduces too much.
Watch Curtis shows how to create a great stir-fry
Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Almond gazpacho with blue swimmer crab and grapesI recently spent some time in the wilds of Kangaroo Island, South Australia and given that it was the tail end of winter, the last thing I thought I would be eating is a beautifully smooth chilled...