Chocolate sculpture illusion amazes internetA whimsical chocolate exhibit from a Victorian chocolate factory has taken the internet by storm
Pregnant women should drink more milk to increase their child's IQExpectant mothers who don't get enough iodine risk having children with a low IQ, according to a UK study.
NASA to make 3D printed pizzaForget labouring over meals in the kitchen, a Jetsons-style life with food produced at the press of a button could be on the horizon, thanks to 3D printing.
Curtis Stone's slow cooked beef ragu with rigatoni
- Coles Brand plain flour, for dusting
- 500g Coles Brand beef chuck steak, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 medium carrots peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 x 400g cans Coles Smart Buy whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup Campbell’s beef stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand balsamic vinegar
- 350g Coles Brand rigatoni
- 1/2 cup (30g) finely grated Mil Lel parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced).
Season the flour with salt and pepper. Combine beef with flour in a bowl and shake off excess.
Place a large heavy based ovenproof casserole dish over high heat then add 1 tablespoon oil. Once the oil is hot, but not smoking, brown the beef on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer the beef to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium-high and add remaining oil to pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes until vegetables begin to brown.
Add the thyme. Stir in the tomatoes, stock, water and vinegar and cook for about 4 minutes, until softened, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
Return the beef and any juices to the pan. Bring to the boil, then cover and transfer pan to the oven. Cook for 2 1/2-3 hours or until meat is very tender and sauce has reduced and is thick. Remove the thyme stem.
Meanwhile cook the rigatoni according to packet directions just before the ragu is ready.
Add the rigatoni to the ragu and toss to combine thoroughly.
Spoon into 4 large serving bowls and garnish with the parmesan cheese.