Fish oil could counteract junk food's affect on our brains: study reviewEating plenty of fish or taking fish oil capsules appears to undo some of the damage junk food can cause to our brains.
Coca-Cola recipe for sale for $15 millionAn American man is hoping to make a fortune by selling what he claims to be the original top-secret recipe for Coca-Cola.
Happiness can lead to overeating: studyIt's not just sadness that makes us reach for unhealthy comfort foods — a new study suggests that happiness is more likely to make us overeat
Curtis Stone's winter vegetable minestrone
- 300g Coles Finest Angus beef sausages, casings removed, meat broken into large chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Coles Brand fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 cups Coles Brand chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup (60g) Coles Brand shell pasta
- 1 cup Coles Brand canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup (20g) shaved Mil Lel parmesan cheese
Heat a large heavy based saucepan over high heat. Once hot, add sausage and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pan. Strain off any fat.
Add the oil and onion and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion softens slightly. Add the garlic, fennel seeds and rosemary, cook for 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium. Add the carrots and parsnips, and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Return the sausage to the pan.
Stir in the stock and water with a wooden spoon, and bring to the boil. Swirl back of a ladle over surface of soup, pushing any fat or foam to the edges.
Add the pasta and cook, stirring often, for about 9 minutes until pasta is al dente
and vegetables are tender. Remove the rosemary stem.
Gently stir in the beans and simmer for 2 minutes, until heated through.
Turn off heat and fold in the spinach.
Divide soup evenly among four serving bowls and serve with parmesan cheese.
Watch Curtis cooks a hearty chicken, noodle and cabbage soup