Fish oil could counteract junk food's affect on our brains: study reviewEating plenty of fish or taking fish oil capsules appears to undo some of the damage junk food can cause to our brains.
Coca-Cola recipe for sale for $15 millionAn American man is hoping to make a fortune by selling what he claims to be the original top-secret recipe for Coca-Cola.
Happiness can lead to overeating: studyIt's not just sadness that makes us reach for unhealthy comfort foods — a new study suggests that happiness is more likely to make us overeat
Apple pie with rhubarb and strawberry sauce
- 1 x 600g bought frozen apple pie
- 500g (5 stalks) rhubarb, trimmed, cut in 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300g strawberries, fresh or frozen, halved
- Ice-cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan forced. Bake pie for 40 minutes as packet directs.
2. Meanwhile, place rhubarb and zest in a medium saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a brisk simmer over moderate heat. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes, until tender and saucy. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and strawberries.
3. Serve warm pie in wedges with sauce and ice-cream.
To keep rhubarb crisp, discard leaves, wrap stalks in plastic wrap and store up to 1 week in the fridge.