Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Apple pie with rhubarb and strawberry sauce
- 1 x 600g bought frozen apple pie
- 500g (5 stalks) rhubarb, trimmed, cut in 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300g strawberries, fresh or frozen, halved
- Ice-cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan forced. Bake pie for 40 minutes as packet directs.
2. Meanwhile, place rhubarb and zest in a medium saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a brisk simmer over moderate heat. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes, until tender and saucy. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and strawberries.
3. Serve warm pie in wedges with sauce and ice-cream.
To keep rhubarb crisp, discard leaves, wrap stalks in plastic wrap and store up to 1 week in the fridge.