McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Fried egg, avocado and chilli tacos
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 16 eggs
- 1 quantity tortillas
- 4 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) coriander, coarsely torn
- 6 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
- 8 small red chillies, finely chopped
- To serve: hot sauce and quartered limes
- Optional: crumbled feta, crushed fried pork rind (chicharrón), crushed peanuts, chopped kimchi, slivers of fried chorizo, sautéed prawns, sliced pickled shallot, oyster sauce and sriracha mayonnaise, to serve
Prep time 10 mins, cook 10 mins
You can add as many extra accompaniments here as you like.
Heat 20ml oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 eggs, fry until cooked to your liking (2-2½ minutes for soft yolk), season to taste, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
Place eggs on tortillas, top with avocado, coriander, spring onion and chilli (and any optional extras) and serve warm, with hot sauce and lime quarters.