Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Bring back the quintessential Aussie burgerYou may have noticed that as the years go by, food is changing. The advent of processed food has only been around for roughly 75 years a mere speck of sand in the hourglass of food history....
Chocolate, coconut and banana breadGood old, ubiquitous banana bread. It's on every cafe menu from Toorak to Townsville and like most popular items, you can get some stellar ones and some truly diabolical ones. The price too, isn't...
Fried egg, avocado and chilli tacos
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 16 eggs
- 1 quantity tortillas
- 4 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) coriander, coarsely torn
- 6 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
- 8 small red chillies, finely chopped
- To serve: hot sauce and quartered limes
- Optional: crumbled feta, crushed fried pork rind (chicharrón), crushed peanuts, chopped kimchi, slivers of fried chorizo, sautéed prawns, sliced pickled shallot, oyster sauce and sriracha mayonnaise, to serve
Prep time 10 mins, cook 10 mins
You can add as many extra accompaniments here as you like.
Heat 20ml oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 eggs, fry until cooked to your liking (2-2½ minutes for soft yolk), season to taste, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
Place eggs on tortillas, top with avocado, coriander, spring onion and chilli (and any optional extras) and serve warm, with hot sauce and lime quarters.