Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Fried egg, avocado and chilli tacos
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 16 eggs
- 1 quantity tortillas
- 4 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) coriander, coarsely torn
- 6 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
- 8 small red chillies, finely chopped
- To serve: hot sauce and quartered limes
- Optional: crumbled feta, crushed fried pork rind (chicharrón), crushed peanuts, chopped kimchi, slivers of fried chorizo, sautéed prawns, sliced pickled shallot, oyster sauce and sriracha mayonnaise, to serve
Prep time 10 mins, cook 10 mins
You can add as many extra accompaniments here as you like.
Heat 20ml oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 eggs, fry until cooked to your liking (2-2½ minutes for soft yolk), season to taste, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
Place eggs on tortillas, top with avocado, coriander, spring onion and chilli (and any optional extras) and serve warm, with hot sauce and lime quarters.