How NASA helped deliver the perfect toasted cheese sandwichThe only thing better than a piping hot toasted cheese sandwich is a piping hot toasted cheese sandwich brought right to you. Problem is, by the time it's delivered it's usually cold, soggy and...
Al dente: Cook your pasta like the Italians doItalians eat their pasta al dente, which means a little hard on the tooth, this is important because it keeps the pasta at an appropriate texture. Pasta cooked al dente will taste great and not be...
Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Fried egg, avocado and chilli tacos
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 16 eggs
- 1 quantity tortillas
- 4 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) coriander, coarsely torn
- 6 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
- 8 small red chillies, finely chopped
- To serve: hot sauce and quartered limes
- Optional: crumbled feta, crushed fried pork rind (chicharrón), crushed peanuts, chopped kimchi, slivers of fried chorizo, sautéed prawns, sliced pickled shallot, oyster sauce and sriracha mayonnaise, to serve
Prep time 10 mins, cook 10 mins
You can add as many extra accompaniments here as you like.
Heat 20ml oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 eggs, fry until cooked to your liking (2-2½ minutes for soft yolk), season to taste, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
Place eggs on tortillas, top with avocado, coriander, spring onion and chilli (and any optional extras) and serve warm, with hot sauce and lime quarters.