Scientists confirm five-second ruleYou don't need to be afraid to pick certain foods up off the floor, as long as you do it quickly.
Cut sugar to five percent of daily calories: World Health OrganisationThe World Health Organisation has changed recommendations to suggest we cut sugar to just five percent of daily calories.
Atkins style diets may shorten lifespansHigh protein diets are all the rage, but a recent study has suggested that they are not necessarily beneficial to our long term health.
Fried egg, avocado and chilli tacos
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 16 eggs
- 1 quantity tortillas
- 4 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) coriander, coarsely torn
- 6 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
- 8 small red chillies, finely chopped
- To serve: hot sauce and quartered limes
- Optional: crumbled feta, crushed fried pork rind (chicharrón), crushed peanuts, chopped kimchi, slivers of fried chorizo, sautéed prawns, sliced pickled shallot, oyster sauce and sriracha mayonnaise, to serve
Prep time 10 mins, cook 10 mins
You can add as many extra accompaniments here as you like.
Heat 20ml oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 eggs, fry until cooked to your liking (2-2½ minutes for soft yolk), season to taste, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
Place eggs on tortillas, top with avocado, coriander, spring onion and chilli (and any optional extras) and serve warm, with hot sauce and lime quarters.