Avocado wiener schnitzel
3 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 4 pork cutlets
- 2-3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 100g butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 thick slices swiss cheese
- lemon wedges and chopped dill, to garnish
- boiled baby chat potatoes, to serve
- Avocado salsa
- 2 avocados, finely chopped
- ¼ cup baby capers
- ¼ cup chopped dill
Bash cutlets with a meat mallet until about 1 cm thick.
Dip into beaten egg and breadcrumbs seasoned with salt and pepper.
Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan over a medium to low heat.
Cook pork for about 5 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and just cooked through.
Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
To make avocado salsa toss ingredients together until just combined.
Spoon salsa down centre of schnitzel. Top with a cheese slice.
Grill for about 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and avocado is heated through.
Garnish with lemon and dill. Serve with potatoes.