Avocado caesar salad
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 anchovy filets, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup avocado oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cos lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 100g parmesan, shaved
- 3 avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C (fan forced).
Combine garlic and olive oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Brush bread with oil mixture on both sides and place onto a lined baking tray. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool and break into pieces.
Place all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk for 5 minutes or until well blended.
Place lettuce into a large mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Transfer lettuce to serving platter and top with parmesan, croutons and avocado slices.