Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Rustic bacon and egg pie with feta
3 stars - based on 5 reviews
- 30g butter
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, sliced
- 7 eggs
- 300ml carton cream
- ½ cup feta, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- 125g cold butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a deep 23cm pie plate.
- PASTRY: Place flour and butter in a food processer. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Add water and pulse until a dough forms. Knead on a lightly floured surface into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 20 minutes.
- Roll out pastry between two sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Ease into pie plate. Trim edges and chill 15 minutes.
- Bake blind 15 minutes. Remove paper and baking weights or dried beans. Bake a further 5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large frying pan on medium. Saute bacon and leek 3-4 minutes, until leeks soften. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large jug, whisk 4 eggs and cream together. Stir in feta and leek mixture. Season to taste. Pour into pastry case and sprinkle with tasty cheese.
- Break three eggs onto top of pie. Bake 35-40 minutes, until firm and golden. Serve with salad if liked.