Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Juices with more sugar than Red Bull revealedJuice drinkers, if you think you're quenching your thirst with a healthy alternative to soft drink, prepare yourself for a sugary shock. Our survey of drinks confirms earlier research that some...
Baked bean, bacon & egg rolls
4 stars - based on 28 reviews
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, quartered
- 220g can baked beans
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 small eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat grill to high. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Slice tops from rolls, one-quarter of the way down, and reserve. Scoop out centre and set aside (see tip).
- Heat oil in a small frying pan on high. Cook bacon for 1 minute each side, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, place beans and tomatoes in a medium microwave safe jug. Cook on high (100% power) for 1 minute, until bubbling, stirring once.
- Line each roll with 2 pieces bacon. Pour hot bean mixture evenly into rolls. Crack 1 egg into each. Cook, one at a time, in the microwave oven on high (100% power) for 45 seconds.
- Arrange on tray. Grill for 2 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place on tray with rolls and grill for a further 2 minutes, until egg is set and cheese is melted. Serve rolls sprinkled with parsley. Use the cheesy lids for dipping.
- Place the soft centre of the rolls in a food processor and process to form crumbs. Freeze.
- Save on cooking time by replacing the bacon with sliced ham.