Nine steps to the perfectly poured beerBars are full of rituals that elevate mere boozing to a loftier status. At their best, patrons form orderly queues to receive the sacrament of the grain or grape from skilled barkeeps who dispense...
Choosing the perfect glass for your beerGlassware plays a huge role in the beer experience and if there is any tip I can give you when it comes to drinking beer, it's to pour your brew into a glass before you enjoy it. Trust me on that one.
How to supercharge your home brew, with tips from an amateur brewer who turned proIn honour of International Beer Day on August 1, we've found someone who can tell you how to create your own top-notch brews.
Baked bean, bacon & egg rolls
4 stars - based on 28 reviews
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, quartered
- 220g can baked beans
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 small eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat grill to high. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Slice tops from rolls, one-quarter of the way down, and reserve. Scoop out centre and set aside (see tip).
- Heat oil in a small frying pan on high. Cook bacon for 1 minute each side, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, place beans and tomatoes in a medium microwave safe jug. Cook on high (100% power) for 1 minute, until bubbling, stirring once.
- Line each roll with 2 pieces bacon. Pour hot bean mixture evenly into rolls. Crack 1 egg into each. Cook, one at a time, in the microwave oven on high (100% power) for 45 seconds.
- Arrange on tray. Grill for 2 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place on tray with rolls and grill for a further 2 minutes, until egg is set and cheese is melted. Serve rolls sprinkled with parsley. Use the cheesy lids for dipping.
- Place the soft centre of the rolls in a food processor and process to form crumbs. Freeze.
- Save on cooking time by replacing the bacon with sliced ham.