McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Baked bean, bacon & egg rolls
4 stars - based on 28 reviews
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, quartered
- 220g can baked beans
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 small eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat grill to high. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Slice tops from rolls, one-quarter of the way down, and reserve. Scoop out centre and set aside (see tip).
- Heat oil in a small frying pan on high. Cook bacon for 1 minute each side, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, place beans and tomatoes in a medium microwave safe jug. Cook on high (100% power) for 1 minute, until bubbling, stirring once.
- Line each roll with 2 pieces bacon. Pour hot bean mixture evenly into rolls. Crack 1 egg into each. Cook, one at a time, in the microwave oven on high (100% power) for 45 seconds.
- Arrange on tray. Grill for 2 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place on tray with rolls and grill for a further 2 minutes, until egg is set and cheese is melted. Serve rolls sprinkled with parsley. Use the cheesy lids for dipping.
- Place the soft centre of the rolls in a food processor and process to form crumbs. Freeze.
- Save on cooking time by replacing the bacon with sliced ham.