Nine steps to the perfectly poured beerBars are full of rituals that elevate mere boozing to a loftier status. At their best, patrons form orderly queues to receive the sacrament of the grain or grape from skilled barkeeps who dispense...
Choosing the perfect glass for your beerGlassware plays a huge role in the beer experience and if there is any tip I can give you when it comes to drinking beer, it's to pour your brew into a glass before you enjoy it. Trust me on that one.
How to supercharge your home brew, with tips from an amateur brewer who turned proIn honour of International Beer Day on August 1, we've found someone who can tell you how to create your own top-notch brews.
Banana and berry breakfast smoothie
- 1 litre vanilla soy milk, chilled
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Weetbix, crumbled
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Serve straight away, topped with extra berries if liked.
- It is important to make this just before serving.
- Double the amount of oat bran or weetbix if liked – the resulting drink will be thicker.
- Other fruit of choice may be used – try pear and berry or mixed berries (the frozen ones are great for this).