McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Banana and berry breakfast smoothie
- 1 litre vanilla soy milk, chilled
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Weetbix, crumbled
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Serve straight away, topped with extra berries if liked.
- It is important to make this just before serving.
- Double the amount of oat bran or weetbix if liked – the resulting drink will be thicker.
- Other fruit of choice may be used – try pear and berry or mixed berries (the frozen ones are great for this).