Lunchbox banana bread
4 stars - based on 7 reviews
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to moderate, 200°C. Lightly grease and line a 10 x 20cm loaf pan.
- Sift flour and cinnamon together into a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar.
- In a large jug, combine banana, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, lightly mix banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour into pan, smoothing top. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve sliced with butter, if liked.
- This loaf freezes well whole or in slices. Place slices straight from the freezer into the lunchbox. It will defrost by lunchtime and help to keep your lunchbox cool.