3 stars - based on 2 reviews
- 2 tablespoons tequila or rum
- juice of 1 lime, plus extra juice to sprinkle
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup coriander leaves, 1 tablespoon chopped
- 800g beef rump, cut into strips (see tip)
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 white onion, 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced
- 2 avocados
- 2 capsicum, cut into large strips (see tip)
- tortillas, to serve
1. Combine tequila, lime juice, garlic, 1 teaspoon of oil, oregano, cumin and chopped coriander in a shallow bowl and season with pepper. Add beef and toss to coat. Refrigerate and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Combine tomato and diced onion in a small bowl and season to taste. Halve and stone avocado, then slice and sprinkle with extra lime juice.
3. Heat a barbecue on high. Drain beef and bring to room temperature. Meanwhile, toss capsicum and sliced onion in remaining oil and cook on a flat plate for 4 minutes, tossing frequently. Season beef with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for rare, and 3-4 minutes each side for medium. Brush regularly with marinade. Stand for 2 minutes, then slice into thin strips. Toss through capsicum and serve with tomato mixture, avocado, tortillas and remaining coriander.
For a variation, try this recipe using chicken strips.
Choose different coloured capsicum for a multi-coloured meal.