Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Middle Eastern-style pizza
3 stars - based on 10 reviews
Photography by John Paul Urizar, styling by Julz Beresford
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g minced lamb or beef
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 2 medium (280g) tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 x 400g Afghan bread (or 2 x 150g
- 24cm round traditional pizza bases)
- 190g jar chilli pesto
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sumac
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add mince. Cook, stirring, until browned. Add pepper and spices; stir until fragrant.
3. Add stock and tomatoes to the pan. Cook, stirring, over a medium heat until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove from the heat, stir in the pine nuts, parsley and half the mint.
4. Place Afghan bread or pizza bases on greased oven trays. Top each pizza base with pesto; then press mince mixture onto pesto, leaving a 3cm border. Bake on the lower shelf in a hot oven for about 12 minutes or until browned lightly.
5. Serve pizzas topped with yogurt and sprinkled with remaining mint and sumac.
Lamb mixture suitable to freeze.
Not suitable to microwave.