Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Middle Eastern-style pizza
3 stars - based on 9 reviews
Photography by John Paul Urizar, styling by Julz Beresford
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g minced lamb or beef
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 2 medium (280g) tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 x 400g Afghan bread (or 2 x 150g
- 24cm round traditional pizza bases)
- 190g jar chilli pesto
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sumac
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add mince. Cook, stirring, until browned. Add pepper and spices; stir until fragrant.
3. Add stock and tomatoes to the pan. Cook, stirring, over a medium heat until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove from the heat, stir in the pine nuts, parsley and half the mint.
4. Place Afghan bread or pizza bases on greased oven trays. Top each pizza base with pesto; then press mince mixture onto pesto, leaving a 3cm border. Bake on the lower shelf in a hot oven for about 12 minutes or until browned lightly.
5. Serve pizzas topped with yogurt and sprinkled with remaining mint and sumac.
Lamb mixture suitable to freeze.
Not suitable to microwave.