Why millions are giving up diet drinksNutritionists are celebrating the news that diet soft drink sales have fallen by almost seven percent in the US this year.
Some brains hard-wired to love chocolateWondering why you can't say no to a slice of mud cake, but your friend can easily pass? It could be to do with how your brain is wired.
Canned Xmas dinner most depressing thing everA UK company has put out the ultimate single-serving meal for those who prefer to spend the festive season alone – an entire Christmas dinner with both sweet and savoury layer in a tin.
Blueberry and raspberry custard meringue pots
- 2 cups (500ml) low-fat milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 1/4 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 punnet blueberries
- 1/2 punnet raspberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Whisk together milk, egg yolks, corn flour, icing sugar and vanilla in a saucepan. Stir on medium heat for 10 minutes, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir through berries. Divide custard between six 1-cup ramekins. Bake for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites, until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a little at a time, until thick and glossy. Remove custard pots from oven and spoon or pipe meringue on top. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, until meringue is golden. Serve.