Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Blueberry and raspberry custard meringue pots
- 2 cups (500ml) low-fat milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 1/4 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 punnet blueberries
- 1/2 punnet raspberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Whisk together milk, egg yolks, corn flour, icing sugar and vanilla in a saucepan. Stir on medium heat for 10 minutes, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir through berries. Divide custard between six 1-cup ramekins. Bake for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites, until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a little at a time, until thick and glossy. Remove custard pots from oven and spoon or pipe meringue on top. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, until meringue is golden. Serve.