Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Blueberry and raspberry custard meringue pots
- 2 cups (500ml) low-fat milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
- 1/4 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 punnet blueberries
- 1/2 punnet raspberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Whisk together milk, egg yolks, corn flour, icing sugar and vanilla in a saucepan. Stir on medium heat for 10 minutes, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir through berries. Divide custard between six 1-cup ramekins. Bake for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites, until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a little at a time, until thick and glossy. Remove custard pots from oven and spoon or pipe meringue on top. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, until meringue is golden. Serve.