Broccoli soup with blue cheese crostini
5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large head broccoli (about 500g), trimmed and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ baguette, cut into diagonal 2cm slices
- 200g blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 200°C.
In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add broccoli, potato and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potato and broccoli are cooked.
Meanwhile, place baguette slices on lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with blue cheese and place back in oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
Blend soup until smooth and check seasoning. Serve with blue cheese crostini.