Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Crusty cheese and olive damper
- 21⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 100g grated fat-reduced pizza cheese, plus extra to garnish
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup semi-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan forced. Lightly dust a baking tray with flour.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cayenne and 1 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl. Stir through cheese, parsley, olives and tomato. Whisk together oil and 1 cup water; add to flour mixture. Lightly mix to a soft dough.
3. Turn out onto a floured surface; knead lightly. Shape into a dome on prepared tray. Slash dough lightly, using a sharp knife, to mark 8 wedges.
4. Bake for 15 minutes; lightly sprinkle with extra cheese. Bake 10 minutes more until puffed and browned. Loosely wrap loaf in a tea towel; cool 5 minutes. Cut through marked lines into wedges to serve.
Damper is cooked if it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Freeze, if you like, in moisture-proof freezer bag. Thaw, then reheat in a preheated Low oven for 10 minutes. Excellent dipped into extra olive oil.