Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Almond gazpacho with blue swimmer crab and grapesI recently spent some time in the wilds of Kangaroo Island, South Australia and given that it was the tail end of winter, the last thing I thought I would be eating is a beautifully smooth chilled...
Bagels with tuna and cheese
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tablespoon light egg mayonnaise
- Squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives, plus extra whole olives, to garnish
- 2 poppy seed bagels, split
- 1 tomato, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Baby cos or butter lettuce leaves, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven-grill to moderate. Place tuna, mayo, juice, onion and olives in a bowl. Season to taste with black pepper; mix well to combine.
2. Lightly toast bagels on a grill tray. Remove tops. Top bases with tuna mixture and tomato; sprinkle with cheese.
3. Grill about 12cm from element for 20-30 seconds until cheese melts. Top with bagel tops. Serve with lettuce and whole olives.