McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Bagels with tuna and cheese
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tablespoon light egg mayonnaise
- Squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives, plus extra whole olives, to garnish
- 2 poppy seed bagels, split
- 1 tomato, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Baby cos or butter lettuce leaves, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven-grill to moderate. Place tuna, mayo, juice, onion and olives in a bowl. Season to taste with black pepper; mix well to combine.
2. Lightly toast bagels on a grill tray. Remove tops. Top bases with tuna mixture and tomato; sprinkle with cheese.
3. Grill about 12cm from element for 20-30 seconds until cheese melts. Top with bagel tops. Serve with lettuce and whole olives.