Inside the world's most expensive restaurantBored of eating out? Then make reservations at a new restaurant in Spain that has promised a to revolutionise fine dining – but be warned the one-of-a-kind meal costs $2000 per person.
Edible flowers could help prevent cancer and heart disease: studyUsing edible flowers in food is usually the domain of gourmet Asian foodies, but now research suggests that the pretty garnishes might have health benefits too.
Warm eggplant saladUsing the same principles as tofu, I have decided to douse it in flavour-rich ingredients that soak into its creamy sponginess and make it excellent.
Bagels with tuna and cheese
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tablespoon light egg mayonnaise
- Squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives, plus extra whole olives, to garnish
- 2 poppy seed bagels, split
- 1 tomato, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Baby cos or butter lettuce leaves, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven-grill to moderate. Place tuna, mayo, juice, onion and olives in a bowl. Season to taste with black pepper; mix well to combine.
2. Lightly toast bagels on a grill tray. Remove tops. Top bases with tuna mixture and tomato; sprinkle with cheese.
3. Grill about 12cm from element for 20-30 seconds until cheese melts. Top with bagel tops. Serve with lettuce and whole olives.