Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Barbecue oystersIt's oyster season! This makes my heart sing as I am a serious lover of the bivalve. I will drive for hundreds of miles to get a taste of the freshest oysters I can find but because they are such a...
Bagels with tuna and cheese
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tablespoon light egg mayonnaise
- Squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives, plus extra whole olives, to garnish
- 2 poppy seed bagels, split
- 1 tomato, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Baby cos or butter lettuce leaves, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven-grill to moderate. Place tuna, mayo, juice, onion and olives in a bowl. Season to taste with black pepper; mix well to combine.
2. Lightly toast bagels on a grill tray. Remove tops. Top bases with tuna mixture and tomato; sprinkle with cheese.
3. Grill about 12cm from element for 20-30 seconds until cheese melts. Top with bagel tops. Serve with lettuce and whole olives.