Scientists confirm five-second ruleYou don't need to be afraid to pick certain foods up off the floor, as long as you do it quickly.
Cut sugar to five percent of daily calories: World Health OrganisationThe World Health Organisation has changed recommendations to suggest we cut sugar to just five percent of daily calories.
Atkins style diets may shorten lifespansHigh protein diets are all the rage, but a recent study has suggested that they are not necessarily beneficial to our long term health.
Bagels with tuna and cheese
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tablespoon light egg mayonnaise
- Squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives, plus extra whole olives, to garnish
- 2 poppy seed bagels, split
- 1 tomato, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Baby cos or butter lettuce leaves, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven-grill to moderate. Place tuna, mayo, juice, onion and olives in a bowl. Season to taste with black pepper; mix well to combine.
2. Lightly toast bagels on a grill tray. Remove tops. Top bases with tuna mixture and tomato; sprinkle with cheese.
3. Grill about 12cm from element for 20-30 seconds until cheese melts. Top with bagel tops. Serve with lettuce and whole olives.