Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.
Simple healthy winter eating tipsWinter can be an easy time to gain weight with tracksuits and baggy jumpers hiding extra kilos gained over the colder months. But after a few months the sun will shine again and reality will hit, so...
Coolest cooler is actually pretty coolIt's probably a bit cold Down Under to be thinking about beach parties just yet, but you might just want to leave your dusty old esky where it is by the time summer rolls around. There's a cooler...
Macaroni and cauliflower cheese bake
- macaroni, 250g
- cauliflower, 500g (½ head),
- cut into florets
- butter, 60g, chopped
- onion, 1 small, finely chopped
- plain flour, 1/3 cup
- milk, 3 cups
- parmesan, finely grated, 2 cups
- Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons
- thyme leaves, 2 teaspoons, plus extra to serve
- rindless bacon, 4 rashers, chopped
- bocconcini, 220g tub, torn
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions. Add cauliflower to water halfway through. Drain well and return
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a second saucepan on medium heat. Saute onion 3-4 minutes, until tender. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and gradually whisk in milk until combined. Return pan to medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in 1½ cups parmesan and mustard. Season to taste.
- Add cheese sauce and thyme to pasta mixture, stirring to combine. Spoon into a shallow 9-cup ovenproof dish or divide among six 1½-cup ovenproof dishes. Top with bacon and bocconcini, then scatter extra parmesan over.
- Place on an oven tray and bake 20-25 minutes until golden. Top with extra thyme leaves to serve.
- For delicious variations, substitute broccoli or trimmed asparagus for cauliflower, and ham or prosciutto for bacon.