Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Bring back the quintessential Aussie burgerYou may have noticed that as the years go by, food is changing. The advent of processed food has only been around for roughly 75 years a mere speck of sand in the hourglass of food history....
Chocolate, coconut and banana breadGood old, ubiquitous banana bread. It's on every cafe menu from Toorak to Townsville and like most popular items, you can get some stellar ones and some truly diabolical ones. The price too, isn't...
Sweet chilli chicken with pak choy
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chilli sauce (see tip)
- 1/3 cup (120g) honey
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 125g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 bunch pak choy, trimmed, washed, coarsely chopped
- lime wedges, to serve
1. Preheat grill on high. Line a roasting pan with lightly greased aluminium foil.
2. Combine chilli sauce, honey, oil and garlic in a small jug. Pour half into a bowl and add chicken. Season and toss to coat. Place chicken in prepared pan and cook under grill for 4 minutes. Turn chicken and brush with marinade. Grill for another 4 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain.
4. Heat a lightly greased wok on high. Stir-fry pak choy for 2 minutes.
5. Add noodles and remaining marinade and stir-fry until heated through. 6. Serve chicken with pak choy, rice noodles and lime wedges.
Kid-friendly tip: leave out the spicy chilli sauce and replace it with soy sauce.