Nine steps to the perfectly poured beerBars are full of rituals that elevate mere boozing to a loftier status. At their best, patrons form orderly queues to receive the sacrament of the grain or grape from skilled barkeeps who dispense...
Choosing the perfect glass for your beerGlassware plays a huge role in the beer experience and if there is any tip I can give you when it comes to drinking beer, it's to pour your brew into a glass before you enjoy it. Trust me on that one.
How to supercharge your home brew, with tips from an amateur brewer who turned proIn honour of International Beer Day on August 1, we've found someone who can tell you how to create your own top-notch brews.
Sweet chilli chicken with pak choy
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chilli sauce (see tip)
- 1/3 cup (120g) honey
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 125g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 bunch pak choy, trimmed, washed, coarsely chopped
- lime wedges, to serve
1. Preheat grill on high. Line a roasting pan with lightly greased aluminium foil.
2. Combine chilli sauce, honey, oil and garlic in a small jug. Pour half into a bowl and add chicken. Season and toss to coat. Place chicken in prepared pan and cook under grill for 4 minutes. Turn chicken and brush with marinade. Grill for another 4 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain.
4. Heat a lightly greased wok on high. Stir-fry pak choy for 2 minutes.
5. Add noodles and remaining marinade and stir-fry until heated through. 6. Serve chicken with pak choy, rice noodles and lime wedges.
Kid-friendly tip: leave out the spicy chilli sauce and replace it with soy sauce.