Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Sweet chilli chicken with pak choy
Photography: Richard Mortimer
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chilli sauce (see tip)
- 1/3 cup (120g) honey
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 125g dried rice stick noodles
- 1 bunch pak choy, trimmed, washed, coarsely chopped
- lime wedges, to serve
1. Preheat grill on high. Line a roasting pan with lightly greased aluminium foil.
2. Combine chilli sauce, honey, oil and garlic in a small jug. Pour half into a bowl and add chicken. Season and toss to coat. Place chicken in prepared pan and cook under grill for 4 minutes. Turn chicken and brush with marinade. Grill for another 4 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain.
4. Heat a lightly greased wok on high. Stir-fry pak choy for 2 minutes.
5. Add noodles and remaining marinade and stir-fry until heated through. 6. Serve chicken with pak choy, rice noodles and lime wedges.
Kid-friendly tip: leave out the spicy chilli sauce and replace it with soy sauce.