Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Almond gazpacho with blue swimmer crab and grapesI recently spent some time in the wilds of Kangaroo Island, South Australia and given that it was the tail end of winter, the last thing I thought I would be eating is a beautifully smooth chilled...
Glazed chilli chicken and ginger pak choy
5 stars - based on 5 reviews
- 650g chicken breast fillets
- ¼ cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4cm piece of ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bunches pak choy, trimmed, leaves separated, washed
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- steamed rice, to serve
1. Slice each chicken breast horizontally through centre, then cut in half lengthways. Place in a shallow bowl and pour over combined sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and half of oil. Turn to coat and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill on high. Line a grill tray with foil. Place chicken pieces on prepared tray and cook under grill, 6cm from heat, for 3 minutes, basting well. Turn, baste again and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a wok on high. Cook ginger and garlic for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add pak choy and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir through stock and cook for another minute.
4. Serve chicken with ginger pak choy and steamed rice and drizzle with wok juices.
Kid friendly tip: Use honey instead of sweet chilli sauce for the kids if they're not too keen on the heat.