Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Bring back the quintessential Aussie burgerYou may have noticed that as the years go by, food is changing. The advent of processed food has only been around for roughly 75 years a mere speck of sand in the hourglass of food history....
Chocolate, coconut and banana breadGood old, ubiquitous banana bread. It's on every cafe menu from Toorak to Townsville and like most popular items, you can get some stellar ones and some truly diabolical ones. The price too, isn't...
Glazed chilli chicken and ginger pak choy
5 stars - based on 5 reviews
- 650g chicken breast fillets
- ¼ cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4cm piece of ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bunches pak choy, trimmed, leaves separated, washed
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- steamed rice, to serve
1. Slice each chicken breast horizontally through centre, then cut in half lengthways. Place in a shallow bowl and pour over combined sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and half of oil. Turn to coat and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill on high. Line a grill tray with foil. Place chicken pieces on prepared tray and cook under grill, 6cm from heat, for 3 minutes, basting well. Turn, baste again and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a wok on high. Cook ginger and garlic for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add pak choy and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir through stock and cook for another minute.
4. Serve chicken with ginger pak choy and steamed rice and drizzle with wok juices.
Kid friendly tip: Use honey instead of sweet chilli sauce for the kids if they're not too keen on the heat.