Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Barbecue oystersIt's oyster season! This makes my heart sing as I am a serious lover of the bivalve. I will drive for hundreds of miles to get a taste of the freshest oysters I can find but because they are such a...
Glazed chilli chicken and ginger pak choy
5 stars - based on 5 reviews
- 650g chicken breast fillets
- ¼ cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4cm piece of ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bunches pak choy, trimmed, leaves separated, washed
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- steamed rice, to serve
1. Slice each chicken breast horizontally through centre, then cut in half lengthways. Place in a shallow bowl and pour over combined sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and half of oil. Turn to coat and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill on high. Line a grill tray with foil. Place chicken pieces on prepared tray and cook under grill, 6cm from heat, for 3 minutes, basting well. Turn, baste again and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a wok on high. Cook ginger and garlic for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add pak choy and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir through stock and cook for another minute.
4. Serve chicken with ginger pak choy and steamed rice and drizzle with wok juices.
Kid friendly tip: Use honey instead of sweet chilli sauce for the kids if they're not too keen on the heat.