Asian chicken dumpling broth
3 stars - based on 2 reviews
- 375g chicken mince
- ¼ cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger, plus a 3cm piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 1 bird's eye chilli, seeded, finely sliced
- 2 star anise
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ bunch garlic chives, chopped
Combine mince, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of coriander, eggwhite and grated ginger in a bowl. Using wet hands, roll mixture into walnut-sized balls and chill for 15 minutes.
Heat stock, sliced ginger, chilli and star anise with boiling water in a large saucepan on medium. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add dumplings to broth and continue to simmer gently for 8 minutes, until cooked. Stir in remaining soy sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and sesame oil with garlic chives and remaining coriander. Divide between bowls and serve.