Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Almond gazpacho with blue swimmer crab and grapesI recently spent some time in the wilds of Kangaroo Island, South Australia and given that it was the tail end of winter, the last thing I thought I would be eating is a beautifully smooth chilled...
Spicy coconut chicken soup
5 stars - based on 14 reviews
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 2½ cups water
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 sliced red chilli
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Blend in water and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli (or baby pak choy or choy sum, trimmed and quartered, if preferred) and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Ladle soup over. Top with bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.