Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Juices with more sugar than Red Bull revealedJuice drinkers, if you think you're quenching your thirst with a healthy alternative to soft drink, prepare yourself for a sugary shock. Our survey of drinks confirms earlier research that some...
Spicy coconut chicken soup
5 stars - based on 14 reviews
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 2½ cups water
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 sliced red chilli
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Blend in water and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli (or baby pak choy or choy sum, trimmed and quartered, if preferred) and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Ladle soup over. Top with bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.