The best chocolate chip cookiesYou've seen my other cookie recipes, yes? And while they are delicious, each and every one of them, forget them this instant. I have found the definitive chocolate cookie recipe.
French onion tartI didn't think too much of Nice when I visited a while back, to be honest. Sure it's nice driving along the coast, and it does look like a 1950s film set, but it just lacked something. It's not until...
Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Spicy coconut chicken soup
5 stars - based on 14 reviews
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 2½ cups water
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 sliced red chilli
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Blend in water and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli (or baby pak choy or choy sum, trimmed and quartered, if preferred) and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Ladle soup over. Top with bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.