French cafe offers discount to polite customersThe proprieties of a cafe in the south of France have struck out against their countrymen's legendary rudeness.
Why millions are giving up diet drinksNutritionists are celebrating the news that diet soft drink sales have fallen by almost seven percent in the US this year.
Some brains hard-wired to love chocolateWondering why you can't say no to a slice of mud cake, but your friend can easily pass? It could be to do with how your brain is wired.
Spicy coconut chicken soup for $9.80
4 stars - based on 13 reviews
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 2½ cups water
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 sliced red chilli
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Blend in water and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli (or baby pak choy or choy sum, trimmed and quartered, if preferred) and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Ladle soup over. Top with bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.
For our full budget weekday meal planner and shopping list, see this week's Woman's Day
(on sale April 27).