Nine steps to the perfectly poured beerBars are full of rituals that elevate mere boozing to a loftier status. At their best, patrons form orderly queues to receive the sacrament of the grain or grape from skilled barkeeps who dispense...
Choosing the perfect glass for your beerGlassware plays a huge role in the beer experience and if there is any tip I can give you when it comes to drinking beer, it's to pour your brew into a glass before you enjoy it. Trust me on that one.
How to supercharge your home brew, with tips from an amateur brewer who turned proIn honour of International Beer Day on August 1, we've found someone who can tell you how to create your own top-notch brews.
Spicy coconut chicken soup
5 stars - based on 14 reviews
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 2½ cups water
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 sliced red chilli
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Blend in water and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add broccoli (or baby pak choy or choy sum, trimmed and quartered, if preferred) and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Ladle soup over. Top with bean sprouts, coriander leaves and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.