Mango and chicken salad
4 stars - based on 8 reviews
- 150g mixed salad leaves
- ¼ bunch, trimmed
- 1 mango, peeled, seed removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60g) reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 small black olives
- 1¼ cups shredded barbecue chicken
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons grain mustard
- In a large serving bowl, toss mixed leaves, watercress, mango, onion, feta and olives together.
- DRESSING: In a small jug, whisk ingredients together.
- Place chicken in a small bowl. Pour over half dressing. Toss to coat.Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss chicken through salad. Drizzle over remaining dressing and sprinkle with almonds.
- Make sure there is no skin left on the chicken.
- Reduce salt intake by omitting feta and olives.
- Replace mango with pawpaw if liked.