McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Baked chicken paella for $10
5 stars - based on 6 reviews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups medium-grain rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- chopped parsley, salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a 3-litre ovenproof dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high. Cook chicken and sausage 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, celery and garlic to pan. Saute 3-4 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir paprika and chilli sauce through. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Transfer onion mixture to dish with stock, tomatoes, rice and peas. Mix well.
- Arrange chicken and sausage in dish with rice mixture. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with olives and parsley to serve. Accompany with salad.
- Stir paella once or twice during cooking, and add a little stock if mixture dries out too quickly.