Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Juices with more sugar than Red Bull revealedJuice drinkers, if you think you're quenching your thirst with a healthy alternative to soft drink, prepare yourself for a sugary shock. Our survey of drinks confirms earlier research that some...
Baked chicken paella for $10
5 stars - based on 6 reviews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups medium-grain rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- chopped parsley, salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a 3-litre ovenproof dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high. Cook chicken and sausage 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, celery and garlic to pan. Saute 3-4 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir paprika and chilli sauce through. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Transfer onion mixture to dish with stock, tomatoes, rice and peas. Mix well.
- Arrange chicken and sausage in dish with rice mixture. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with olives and parsley to serve. Accompany with salad.
- Stir paella once or twice during cooking, and add a little stock if mixture dries out too quickly.