Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Baked chicken paella for $10
5 stars - based on 6 reviews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups medium-grain rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- chopped parsley, salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a 3-litre ovenproof dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high. Cook chicken and sausage 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, celery and garlic to pan. Saute 3-4 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir paprika and chilli sauce through. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Transfer onion mixture to dish with stock, tomatoes, rice and peas. Mix well.
- Arrange chicken and sausage in dish with rice mixture. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with olives and parsley to serve. Accompany with salad.
- Stir paella once or twice during cooking, and add a little stock if mixture dries out too quickly.