Lipsmacking spicy drummettes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 24 (1.7kg) chicken drummettes
- 1 green onion (green shallot)
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the chicken and onion, in a large shallow dish. Add the chicken; stir until well coated in the marinade. Cover, refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Cut the onion into long thin strips; place
in a bowl of iced water.
3. Place the drained chicken in a shallow baking dish. Roast, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until cooked through, brushing with remaining marinade after 10 minutes.
4. Serve chicken topped with drained onion.
Uncooked marinated chicken suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.