Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Chicken, asparagus and pea casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.2kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into thirds (halved if small fillets)
- 2 medium (240g) carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock, approximately
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas
- 2 bunches (340g) asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add
the chicken; cook until browned all over. Add the carrots, onion and garlic; cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or untilstarting to soften.
2. Add the flour; cook, stirring, until the vegetables are coated.
3. Gradually stir in the stock until combined, adding just enough to cover the chicken
and vegetables. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, topping up stock if necessary. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Add peas; return to the boil. Add asparagus; simmer, uncovered, for another few minutes or until the asparagus is just tender.
5. Serve chicken casserole with mashed potato, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.