Australia's first multi-capsule espresso machineWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
How to trick your family into thinking you're a five-star chefWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Lemon chicken drumsticks with citrus chilli salt
- 1 large fresh red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 (1.8kg) chicken drumsticks
- 12 basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pound chilli, salt and rinds in a mortar and pestle or process until fine flakes form. Spread the salt mixture out on a small oven tray. Bake for about 5 minutes or until dry. Cool; store in an airtight jar or container.
2. Whisk the juices, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined. Add drumsticks; stir to coat. Transfer drumsticks and marinade into a baking dish. Add basil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Cool.
3. Transfer chicken and pan juices to storage container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with the citrus salt.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.