McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Lemon chicken drumsticks with citrus chilli salt
- 1 large fresh red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 (1.8kg) chicken drumsticks
- 12 basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pound chilli, salt and rinds in a mortar and pestle or process until fine flakes form. Spread the salt mixture out on a small oven tray. Bake for about 5 minutes or until dry. Cool; store in an airtight jar or container.
2. Whisk the juices, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined. Add drumsticks; stir to coat. Transfer drumsticks and marinade into a baking dish. Add basil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Cool.
3. Transfer chicken and pan juices to storage container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with the citrus salt.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.