Why millions are giving up diet drinksNutritionists are celebrating the news that diet soft drink sales have fallen by almost seven percent in the US this year.
Some brains hard-wired to love chocolateWondering why you can't say no to a slice of mud cake, but your friend can easily pass? It could be to do with how your brain is wired.
Canned Xmas dinner most depressing thing everA UK company has put out the ultimate single-serving meal for those who prefer to spend the festive season alone – an entire Christmas dinner with both sweet and savoury layer in a tin.
Lemon chicken drumsticks with citrus chilli salt
- 1 large fresh red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 (1.8kg) chicken drumsticks
- 12 basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pound chilli, salt and rinds in a mortar and pestle or process until fine flakes form. Spread the salt mixture out on a small oven tray. Bake for about 5 minutes or until dry. Cool; store in an airtight jar or container.
2. Whisk the juices, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined. Add drumsticks; stir to coat. Transfer drumsticks and marinade into a baking dish. Add basil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Cool.
3. Transfer chicken and pan juices to storage container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with the citrus salt.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.