Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Barbecue oystersIt's oyster season! This makes my heart sing as I am a serious lover of the bivalve. I will drive for hundreds of miles to get a taste of the freshest oysters I can find but because they are such a...
Lemon chicken drumsticks with citrus chilli salt
- 1 large fresh red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 (1.8kg) chicken drumsticks
- 12 basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pound chilli, salt and rinds in a mortar and pestle or process until fine flakes form. Spread the salt mixture out on a small oven tray. Bake for about 5 minutes or until dry. Cool; store in an airtight jar or container.
2. Whisk the juices, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined. Add drumsticks; stir to coat. Transfer drumsticks and marinade into a baking dish. Add basil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Cool.
3. Transfer chicken and pan juices to storage container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with the citrus salt.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.