How NASA helped deliver the perfect toasted cheese sandwichThe only thing better than a piping hot toasted cheese sandwich is a piping hot toasted cheese sandwich brought right to you. Problem is, by the time it's delivered it's usually cold, soggy and...
Al dente: Cook your pasta like the Italians doItalians eat their pasta al dente, which means a little hard on the tooth, this is important because it keeps the pasta at an appropriate texture. Pasta cooked al dente will taste great and not be...
Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Lemon chicken drumsticks with citrus chilli salt
- 1 large fresh red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 (1.8kg) chicken drumsticks
- 12 basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pound chilli, salt and rinds in a mortar and pestle or process until fine flakes form. Spread the salt mixture out on a small oven tray. Bake for about 5 minutes or until dry. Cool; store in an airtight jar or container.
2. Whisk the juices, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined. Add drumsticks; stir to coat. Transfer drumsticks and marinade into a baking dish. Add basil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Cool.
3. Transfer chicken and pan juices to storage container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with the citrus salt.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.