Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Juices with more sugar than Red Bull revealedJuice drinkers, if you think you're quenching your thirst with a healthy alternative to soft drink, prepare yourself for a sugary shock. Our survey of drinks confirms earlier research that some...
Lemon chicken drumsticks with citrus chilli salt
- 1 large fresh red chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 (1.8kg) chicken drumsticks
- 12 basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Pound chilli, salt and rinds in a mortar and pestle or process until fine flakes form. Spread the salt mixture out on a small oven tray. Bake for about 5 minutes or until dry. Cool; store in an airtight jar or container.
2. Whisk the juices, oil and honey in a large bowl until combined. Add drumsticks; stir to coat. Transfer drumsticks and marinade into a baking dish. Add basil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Cool.
3. Transfer chicken and pan juices to storage container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sprinkled with the citrus salt.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.