- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
- 180g packet crunchy coconut gluten-free biscuits, broken
- 1⁄2 cup (50g) almond meal
- 60g butter or margarine, melted
- 150g gluten-free chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2⁄3 cup (125g) dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (90g) sultanas
- 11⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a 16x26cm biscuit slice pan with baking paper. Toast nuts in a dry frying pan, shaking over moderate heat until golden. Cool and roughly chop.
2. Place biscuits and almond meal in a food processor; use the Pulse setting to make fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl; stir through butter. Press mixture evenly into pan.
3. Sprinkle layer with nuts, then remaining ingredients in the order listed, drizzling milk evenly over all. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool, then refrigerate until firm. Cut into slices; keep chilled in an airtight container.
Slice cuts best if refrigerated.