McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo - DAVID KASMAROSKI
1 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80g Eumundi smokehouse chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 large red capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 large green capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 large organic eggs, beaten lightly
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4-6 thick slices country style bread, toasted to serve, (or a thick Turkish loaf, split & toasted)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy based pan. Add the onion and red and green capsicums until soft, without browning (approx 4 minutes). Add the tomatoes, heat through, transfer to oven dish and keep warm in preheated oven on low setting.
Add another tablespoon of oil to pan. Add chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes to release flavours. Add the sausage to onion and capsicum mixture.
Add butter to pan and melt. Season the eggs with salt and black pepper. Lightly beat. Add to pan and scramble until cooked to desired firmness. Return vegetables and sausage to pan and stir through with basil.
Serve with hot toast.