Scientists confirm five-second ruleYou don't need to be afraid to pick certain foods up off the floor, as long as you do it quickly.
Cut sugar to five percent of daily calories: World Health OrganisationThe World Health Organisation has changed recommendations to suggest we cut sugar to just five percent of daily calories.
Atkins style diets may shorten lifespansHigh protein diets are all the rage, but a recent study has suggested that they are not necessarily beneficial to our long term health.
Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo - DAVID KASMAROSKI
1 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80g Eumundi smokehouse chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 large red capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 large green capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 large organic eggs, beaten lightly
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4-6 thick slices country style bread, toasted to serve, (or a thick Turkish loaf, split & toasted)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy based pan. Add the onion and red and green capsicums until soft, without browning (approx 4 minutes). Add the tomatoes, heat through, transfer to oven dish and keep warm in preheated oven on low setting.
Add another tablespoon of oil to pan. Add chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes to release flavours. Add the sausage to onion and capsicum mixture.
Add butter to pan and melt. Season the eggs with salt and black pepper. Lightly beat. Add to pan and scramble until cooked to desired firmness. Return vegetables and sausage to pan and stir through with basil.
Serve with hot toast.