Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Juices with more sugar than Red Bull revealedJuice drinkers, if you think you're quenching your thirst with a healthy alternative to soft drink, prepare yourself for a sugary shock. Our survey of drinks confirms earlier research that some...
Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo - DAVID KASMAROSKI
1 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80g Eumundi smokehouse chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 large red capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 large green capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 large organic eggs, beaten lightly
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4-6 thick slices country style bread, toasted to serve, (or a thick Turkish loaf, split & toasted)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy based pan. Add the onion and red and green capsicums until soft, without browning (approx 4 minutes). Add the tomatoes, heat through, transfer to oven dish and keep warm in preheated oven on low setting.
Add another tablespoon of oil to pan. Add chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes to release flavours. Add the sausage to onion and capsicum mixture.
Add butter to pan and melt. Season the eggs with salt and black pepper. Lightly beat. Add to pan and scramble until cooked to desired firmness. Return vegetables and sausage to pan and stir through with basil.
Serve with hot toast.