Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo - DAVID KASMAROSKI
1 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80g Eumundi smokehouse chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 large red capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 large green capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 large organic eggs, beaten lightly
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4-6 thick slices country style bread, toasted to serve, (or a thick Turkish loaf, split & toasted)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy based pan. Add the onion and red and green capsicums until soft, without browning (approx 4 minutes). Add the tomatoes, heat through, transfer to oven dish and keep warm in preheated oven on low setting.
Add another tablespoon of oil to pan. Add chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes to release flavours. Add the sausage to onion and capsicum mixture.
Add butter to pan and melt. Season the eggs with salt and black pepper. Lightly beat. Add to pan and scramble until cooked to desired firmness. Return vegetables and sausage to pan and stir through with basil.
Serve with hot toast.