Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo - DAVID KASMAROSKI
1 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80g Eumundi smokehouse chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 large red capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 large green capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 large organic eggs, beaten lightly
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4-6 thick slices country style bread, toasted to serve, (or a thick Turkish loaf, split & toasted)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy based pan. Add the onion and red and green capsicums until soft, without browning (approx 4 minutes). Add the tomatoes, heat through, transfer to oven dish and keep warm in preheated oven on low setting.
Add another tablespoon of oil to pan. Add chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes to release flavours. Add the sausage to onion and capsicum mixture.
Add butter to pan and melt. Season the eggs with salt and black pepper. Lightly beat. Add to pan and scramble until cooked to desired firmness. Return vegetables and sausage to pan and stir through with basil.
Serve with hot toast.