Al dente: Cook your pasta like the Italians doItalians eat their pasta al dente, which means a little hard on the tooth, this is important because it keeps the pasta at an appropriate texture. Pasta cooked al dente will taste great and not be...
Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.
Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo - DAVID KASMAROSKI
1 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 80g Eumundi smokehouse chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 large red capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 large green capsicum, cored, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 large organic eggs, beaten lightly
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4-6 thick slices country style bread, toasted to serve, (or a thick Turkish loaf, split & toasted)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy based pan. Add the onion and red and green capsicums until soft, without browning (approx 4 minutes). Add the tomatoes, heat through, transfer to oven dish and keep warm in preheated oven on low setting.
Add another tablespoon of oil to pan. Add chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes to release flavours. Add the sausage to onion and capsicum mixture.
Add butter to pan and melt. Season the eggs with salt and black pepper. Lightly beat. Add to pan and scramble until cooked to desired firmness. Return vegetables and sausage to pan and stir through with basil.
Serve with hot toast.