Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Semolina cake with citrus honey syrup
3 stars - based on 2 reviews
- 185g unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (80g) fine semolina
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 9 (140g) dried figs, halved crossways
- citrus honey syrup
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan, line base and two opposite sides with a strip of baking paper.
Beat butter, sugar and rinds in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions.
Fold in the combined sifted flour and semolina, and milk until just combined. Spread mixture into the pan; smooth surface. Top with the halved figs, cut-side up. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Citrus honey syrup
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
Pour hot syrup over hot cake. Cool in pan.