Coconut and pistachio balls
- 80g packet pistachio kernels
- 23⁄4 cups desiccated coconut
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (sweet spices)
- 1 teaspoon orangeflower water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Scatter pistachios on a baking tray; bake for 5 minutes. Cool. Process in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Place 21⁄4 cups coconut in a mixing bowl. Add nuts, milk, spice and orangeflower water; mix well to combine. Turn mixture into a large non-stick frying pan over low heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or until mixture dries and begins to thicken. Cool.
3. Using damp hands, shape mixture into bite-size balls. Roll in remaining coconut to coat. Store airtight.
Replace garam masala with your favourite ground sweet spices if you like. Orange flower water is in the baking aisle; you can also use rosewater. These moist morsels are delicious with your after-dinner coffee.