McDonald's burger served with hidden swastikaThere are a bunch of ways a visit to a fast-food restaurant can leave a bad taste in your mouth and race hate is now one of them. But rather than leave racist remarks on receipts a US McDonald's...
Cheeses saltier than seawater shamedA survey of salty cheeses has UK health groups comparing haloumi to seawater, in an effort to encourage the dairy industry to further reduce sodium content in their foods.
Man buys all the pies to spite unruly childA Canadian man has achieved restaurant hero status after telling his story about teaching a woman and her misbehaving child a lesson in fast-food etiquette. In this case, revenge is not a dish best...
Corn and ricotta fritters
3 stars - based on 5 reviews
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 50g rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in combined eggs and milk to form a thick batter. Stir corn, ricotta and onions through. Season to taste.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat on medium. Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of corn mixture into pan in 3 batches. Cook 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a baking paper-lined oven tray and keep warm (see tip).
- Top corn fritters with rocket leaves, avocado and smoked salmon slices. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Keep fritters warm in a slow oven, 150°C , until ready to serve.
- If preferred, serve with crispy prosciutto and roast cherry tomatoes.