The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Corn and ricotta fritters
3 stars - based on 5 reviews
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 50g rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in combined eggs and milk to form a thick batter. Stir corn, ricotta and onions through. Season to taste.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat on medium. Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of corn mixture into pan in 3 batches. Cook 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a baking paper-lined oven tray and keep warm (see tip).
- Top corn fritters with rocket leaves, avocado and smoked salmon slices. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Keep fritters warm in a slow oven, 150°C , until ready to serve.
- If preferred, serve with crispy prosciutto and roast cherry tomatoes.