Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Corn and ricotta fritters
4 stars - based on 4 reviews
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 50g rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in combined eggs and milk to form a thick batter. Stir corn, ricotta and onions through. Season to taste.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat on medium. Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of corn mixture into pan in 3 batches. Cook 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a baking paper-lined oven tray and keep warm (see tip).
- Top corn fritters with rocket leaves, avocado and smoked salmon slices. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Keep fritters warm in a slow oven, 150°C , until ready to serve.
- If preferred, serve with crispy prosciutto and roast cherry tomatoes.