Things that surprised us about coffee more than caffeine itselfIf there's one day of the year you'd struggle to get through without a mug of coffee, it's International Coffee Day. That day is today, even in a couple of countries that tried to ban it three or...
Edible billboard touts virtue of cakeWe didn't need an ad to tell us "life is better with cake" but one artist's edible advertisement has convinced us marketing goes better with food.
Hummingbird porridgeNo-one will ever make porridge like my dad used to make it. I can't put my finger on it and goodness knows I have tried but since he joined the big butcher shop in the sky in the early '80s, I have...
Corn and ricotta fritters
3 stars - based on 5 reviews
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 50g rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in combined eggs and milk to form a thick batter. Stir corn, ricotta and onions through. Season to taste.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat on medium. Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of corn mixture into pan in 3 batches. Cook 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a baking paper-lined oven tray and keep warm (see tip).
- Top corn fritters with rocket leaves, avocado and smoked salmon slices. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Keep fritters warm in a slow oven, 150°C , until ready to serve.
- If preferred, serve with crispy prosciutto and roast cherry tomatoes.