Spiced eggplant saladUsing the same principles as tofu, I have decided to embrace the eggplant and douse it in as many flavour-rich ingredients as I can.
Energy drinks change the way the heart beats: studyDrinking energy drinks that are high in caffeine and taurine leads to increased heart contraction rates an hour after drinking, according to German researchers.
Food guilt leads to weight gain: studyWhen you're trying to be healthy, it's easy to feel guilty for polishing off a piece of chocolate cake or a bowl of fries — but psychologists say that feeling guilty is likely to limit your...
Corn and ricotta fritters
3 stars - based on 3 reviews
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 50g rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in combined eggs and milk to form a thick batter. Stir corn, ricotta and onions through. Season to taste.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat on medium. Spoon heaped tablespoonfuls of corn mixture into pan in 3 batches. Cook 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a baking paper-lined oven tray and keep warm (see tip).
- Top corn fritters with rocket leaves, avocado and smoked salmon slices. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Keep fritters warm in a slow oven, 150°C , until ready to serve.
- If preferred, serve with crispy prosciutto and roast cherry tomatoes.