Entertain with ease this ChristmasAldi Christmas
The night before ChristmasChristmas at Aldi
Your perfect Christmas hamperChristmas at Aldi
Sour cream streusel coffee cake
Recipe by Loukie Werle. Photography William Meppem. Styling Kirsty Cassidy.
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups (500ml) sour cream
- 12/3 cups (205g) chopped pecans
- ¼ cup (55g) demerara sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heaped 1½ cups (250g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons (or more) cold water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Butter and flour a 12-cup bundt tin.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine streusel ingredients and set aside.
4. Place butter in bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Beat in caster sugar until light, about 3mins. Beat in eggs one at a time, making sure each is well incorporated before adding the next.
5. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Spread half the mixture into prepared pan, sprinkle with streusel mixture, then spoon remaining batter on top.
6. Bake for 60-65mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Set cake tin on a rack and cool 15mins. Turn cake out and set right side up.
7. Place icing sugar in a bowl and stir in enough water to make a thick glaze. Drizzle over cake.