Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.
Simple healthy winter eating tipsWinter can be an easy time to gain weight with tracksuits and baggy jumpers hiding extra kilos gained over the colder months. But after a few months the sun will shine again and reality will hit, so...
Coolest cooler is actually pretty coolIt's probably a bit cold Down Under to be thinking about beach parties just yet, but you might just want to leave your dusty old esky where it is by the time summer rolls around. There's a cooler...
Eggs Benedict with hollandaise sauce
5 stars - based on 5 reviews
Photographer: Brett Stevens. Stylist: Yael Grinham
- 8 eggs
- 4 english muffins
- 200g shaved leg ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives to serve
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 egg yolks
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
1. HOLLANDAISE SAUCE: Combine vinegar, juice and peppercorns in small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half. Strain through a fine sieve into small heatproof bowl; cool 10 minutes.
2. Whisk egg yolks into vinegar mixture. Set bowl over small saucepan of simmering water; do not allow water to touch base of bowl. Whisk mixture over heat until thickened. Remove bowl from heat; gradually whisk in melted butter in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly until sauce is thick and creamy.
3. POACH EGGS: To poach eggs, half-fill a large shallow frying pan with water; bring to the boil. Break 1 egg into a cup, then slide into pan; repeat with three more eggs.
4. When all eggs are in pan, allow water to return to the boil. Cover pan, turn off heat; stand about 4 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over yolks. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs.
5. Meanwhile, split muffins in half and toast. Serve muffins topped with ham, poached eggs, sauce and chives.