2 stars - based on 6 reviews
- 4 egg-whites
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300ml carton cream, whipped
- 250g punnet strawberries,
- hulled, sliced
- 125g punnet blueberries
- 125g punnet raspberries
- 4 passionfruit, halved
- Preheat oven to slow, 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared tray to form a round, with a slight recess in the middle.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to very slow, 120°C, and bake for
a further 45 minutes. Turn off oven. Allow to cool, with the door ajar, to fully dry out.
- To serve, top with cream and berries. Drizzle with passionfruit just before serving.
- You can use a combination of prawns and scallops if you like.
- For a low-fat version, use light evaporated milk. It will need a little thickening with cornflour.