Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Tomato and eggplant pizza for $9
4 stars - based on 4 reviews
- 2 finger eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large rectangular pizza base,
- cut into 4
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- (or pizza sauce)
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease a large oven tray (or line with baking paper).
- Preheat a char-grill on high. In a bowl, toss eggplant and zucchini with oil.
- Char-grill vegetables 2-3 minutes each side, until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Spread pizza bases with tomato paste. Arrange on tray.
- Top bases evenly with vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden. Serve topped with basil leaves. Accompany with a salad, if liked.
- Use any pizza base you prefer – even Lebanese bread or a halved baguette could be used.
- Use the vegetables you have on hand.