Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Barbecue oystersIt's oyster season! This makes my heart sing as I am a serious lover of the bivalve. I will drive for hundreds of miles to get a taste of the freshest oysters I can find but because they are such a...
Tomato and eggplant pizza for $9
4 stars - based on 4 reviews
- 2 finger eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large rectangular pizza base,
- cut into 4
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- (or pizza sauce)
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease a large oven tray (or line with baking paper).
- Preheat a char-grill on high. In a bowl, toss eggplant and zucchini with oil.
- Char-grill vegetables 2-3 minutes each side, until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Spread pizza bases with tomato paste. Arrange on tray.
- Top bases evenly with vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden. Serve topped with basil leaves. Accompany with a salad, if liked.
- Use any pizza base you prefer – even Lebanese bread or a halved baguette could be used.
- Use the vegetables you have on hand.