Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Tomato and eggplant pizza for $9
4 stars - based on 4 reviews
- 2 finger eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large rectangular pizza base,
- cut into 4
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- (or pizza sauce)
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease a large oven tray (or line with baking paper).
- Preheat a char-grill on high. In a bowl, toss eggplant and zucchini with oil.
- Char-grill vegetables 2-3 minutes each side, until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Spread pizza bases with tomato paste. Arrange on tray.
- Top bases evenly with vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden. Serve topped with basil leaves. Accompany with a salad, if liked.
- Use any pizza base you prefer – even Lebanese bread or a halved baguette could be used.
- Use the vegetables you have on hand.