The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Tomato and eggplant pizza for $9
4 stars - based on 4 reviews
- 2 finger eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large rectangular pizza base,
- cut into 4
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- (or pizza sauce)
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease a large oven tray (or line with baking paper).
- Preheat a char-grill on high. In a bowl, toss eggplant and zucchini with oil.
- Char-grill vegetables 2-3 minutes each side, until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Spread pizza bases with tomato paste. Arrange on tray.
- Top bases evenly with vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden. Serve topped with basil leaves. Accompany with a salad, if liked.
- Use any pizza base you prefer – even Lebanese bread or a halved baguette could be used.
- Use the vegetables you have on hand.