Inside the world's most expensive restaurantBored of eating out? Then make reservations at a new restaurant in Spain that has promised a to revolutionise fine dining – but be warned the one-of-a-kind meal costs $2000 per person.
Edible flowers could help prevent cancer and heart disease: studyUsing edible flowers in food is usually the domain of gourmet Asian foodies, but now research suggests that the pretty garnishes might have health benefits too.
Warm eggplant saladUsing the same principles as tofu, I have decided to douse it in flavour-rich ingredients that soak into its creamy sponginess and make it excellent.
Tomato and eggplant pizza for $9
4 stars - based on 4 reviews
- 2 finger eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large rectangular pizza base,
- cut into 4
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- (or pizza sauce)
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Lightly grease a large oven tray (or line with baking paper).
- Preheat a char-grill on high. In a bowl, toss eggplant and zucchini with oil.
- Char-grill vegetables 2-3 minutes each side, until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Spread pizza bases with tomato paste. Arrange on tray.
- Top bases evenly with vegetables, tomatoes and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden. Serve topped with basil leaves. Accompany with a salad, if liked.
- Use any pizza base you prefer – even Lebanese bread or a halved baguette could be used.
- Use the vegetables you have on hand.