Some brains hard-wired to love chocolateWondering why you can't say no to a slice of mud cake, but your friend can easily pass? It could be to do with how your brain is wired.
Canned Xmas dinner most depressing thing everA UK company has put out the ultimate single-serving meal for those who prefer to spend the festive season alone – an entire Christmas dinner with both sweet and savoury layer in a tin.
Spiced eggplant saladUsing the same principles as tofu, I have decided to embrace the eggplant and douse it in as many flavour-rich ingredients as I can.
Cranberry and pistachio rocky road
- 1/2 cup (65g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup (140g) shelled raw pistachio kernels
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 21/3 cups (100g) white marshmallows, quartered
- 540g white chocolate, chopped
1. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over the sides.
2. Combine the cranberries, pistachios, coconut and marshmallows in a large bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water; do
not allow the bowl to touch the water.
4. Add the marshmallow mixture to the chocolate; mix well. Spoon the mixture
into the prepared pan; press in firmly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.
5. Remove rocky road from the pan; cut into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.