How to trick your family into thinking you're a five-star chefWant the secret to rustling up amazing-tasting midweek meals without the stress? We asked leading chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan to tell us how.
The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Cranberry and pistachio rocky road
- 1/2 cup (65g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup (140g) shelled raw pistachio kernels
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 21/3 cups (100g) white marshmallows, quartered
- 540g white chocolate, chopped
1. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over the sides.
2. Combine the cranberries, pistachios, coconut and marshmallows in a large bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water; do
not allow the bowl to touch the water.
4. Add the marshmallow mixture to the chocolate; mix well. Spoon the mixture
into the prepared pan; press in firmly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.
5. Remove rocky road from the pan; cut into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.