Cut sugar to five percent of daily calories: World Health OrganisationThe World Health Organisation has changed recommendations to suggest we cut sugar to just five percent of daily calories.
Atkins style diets may shorten lifespansHigh protein diets are all the rage, but a recent study has suggested that they are not necessarily beneficial to our long term health.
Meat and cheese could be as bad for you as smokingPeople who eat a diet high in animal protein in middle age are four times more likely to die from cancer than people who eat more plant-based foods, according to a study.
Cranberry and pistachio rocky road
- 1/2 cup (65g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup (140g) shelled raw pistachio kernels
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 21/3 cups (100g) white marshmallows, quartered
- 540g white chocolate, chopped
1. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over the sides.
2. Combine the cranberries, pistachios, coconut and marshmallows in a large bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water; do
not allow the bowl to touch the water.
4. Add the marshmallow mixture to the chocolate; mix well. Spoon the mixture
into the prepared pan; press in firmly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.
5. Remove rocky road from the pan; cut into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.