Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Bring back the quintessential Aussie burgerYou may have noticed that as the years go by, food is changing. The advent of processed food has only been around for roughly 75 years a mere speck of sand in the hourglass of food history....
Chocolate, coconut and banana breadGood old, ubiquitous banana bread. It's on every cafe menu from Toorak to Townsville and like most popular items, you can get some stellar ones and some truly diabolical ones. The price too, isn't...
Cranberry and pistachio rocky road
- 1/2 cup (65g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup (140g) shelled raw pistachio kernels
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 21/3 cups (100g) white marshmallows, quartered
- 540g white chocolate, chopped
1. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over the sides.
2. Combine the cranberries, pistachios, coconut and marshmallows in a large bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water; do
not allow the bowl to touch the water.
4. Add the marshmallow mixture to the chocolate; mix well. Spoon the mixture
into the prepared pan; press in firmly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.
5. Remove rocky road from the pan; cut into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.