Inside the world's most expensive restaurantBored of eating out? Then make reservations at a new restaurant in Spain that has promised a to revolutionise fine dining – but be warned the one-of-a-kind meal costs $2000 per person.
Edible flowers could help prevent cancer and heart disease: studyUsing edible flowers in food is usually the domain of gourmet Asian foodies, but now research suggests that the pretty garnishes might have health benefits too.
Warm eggplant saladUsing the same principles as tofu, I have decided to douse it in flavour-rich ingredients that soak into its creamy sponginess and make it excellent.
Cranberry and pistachio rocky road
- 1/2 cup (65g) dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup (140g) shelled raw pistachio kernels
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 21/3 cups (100g) white marshmallows, quartered
- 540g white chocolate, chopped
1. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over the sides.
2. Combine the cranberries, pistachios, coconut and marshmallows in a large bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water; do
not allow the bowl to touch the water.
4. Add the marshmallow mixture to the chocolate; mix well. Spoon the mixture
into the prepared pan; press in firmly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.
5. Remove rocky road from the pan; cut into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.