Al dente: Cook your pasta like the Italians doItalians eat their pasta al dente, which means a little hard on the tooth, this is important because it keeps the pasta at an appropriate texture. Pasta cooked al dente will taste great and not be...
Australian dieticians reject paleo diet as 'suspicious, impractical'While "paleo" remains a bit of a buzzword in foodie culture, the Dietitians Association of Australia has joined the ranks of professionals opposed to the diet saying the scientific evidence doesn't...
Kris Jenner set to release her own kookbook... er, cookbookThe list of Kardashian tie-in merchandise has grown even longer with news that celebrity momager Kris Jenner is releasing her very own recipe collection.
Fruit salad with citrus sugar
- 1 cup (110g) frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium (250g) kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
- 2 medium (480g) oranges, segmented
- 1/2 medium (600g) pineapple, peeled, sliced
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 litre sorbet (lemon, orange or strawberry)
- CITRUS SUGAR
- 1/3 cup (75g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1. CITRUS SUGAR: Blend or process all the ingredients until well combined.
2. Before serving, combine the cranberries and 1 tablespoon of Citrus Sugar; stir until dissolved.
3. Arrange fruit on a platter; sprinkle with Citrus Sugar. Serve with scoops of sorbet.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.