Bring back the quintessential Aussie burgerYou may have noticed that as the years go by, food is changing. The advent of processed food has only been around for roughly 75 years a mere speck of sand in the hourglass of food history....
Chocolate, coconut and banana breadGood old, ubiquitous banana bread. It's on every cafe menu from Toorak to Townsville and like most popular items, you can get some stellar ones and some truly diabolical ones. The price too, isn't...
Authentic fried riceI'm going to attempt to unravel the myth of cooking fried rice for you. Because we all know that the fried rice you get from the local take away can never be recreated at home. Or can it?
Fruit salad with citrus sugar
- 1 cup (110g) frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium (250g) kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
- 2 medium (480g) oranges, segmented
- 1/2 medium (600g) pineapple, peeled, sliced
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 litre sorbet (lemon, orange or strawberry)
- CITRUS SUGAR
- 1/3 cup (75g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1. CITRUS SUGAR: Blend or process all the ingredients until well combined.
2. Before serving, combine the cranberries and 1 tablespoon of Citrus Sugar; stir until dissolved.
3. Arrange fruit on a platter; sprinkle with Citrus Sugar. Serve with scoops of sorbet.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.