Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Sandwiches surprise major source of dietary saltIn something of a health warning for sanger lovers Down Under, US researchers have found Americans get as much as 46 percent of their recommended dietary intake of salt in sandwiches daily.
Fruit salad with citrus sugar
- 1 cup (110g) frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium (250g) kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
- 2 medium (480g) oranges, segmented
- 1/2 medium (600g) pineapple, peeled, sliced
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 litre sorbet (lemon, orange or strawberry)
- CITRUS SUGAR
- 1/3 cup (75g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1. CITRUS SUGAR: Blend or process all the ingredients until well combined.
2. Before serving, combine the cranberries and 1 tablespoon of Citrus Sugar; stir until dissolved.
3. Arrange fruit on a platter; sprinkle with Citrus Sugar. Serve with scoops of sorbet.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.