Cut sugar to five percent of daily calories: World Health OrganisationThe World Health Organisation has changed recommendations to suggest we cut sugar to just five percent of daily calories.
Atkins style diets may shorten lifespansHigh protein diets are all the rage, but a recent study has suggested that they are not necessarily beneficial to our long term health.
Meat and cheese could be as bad for you as smokingPeople who eat a diet high in animal protein in middle age are four times more likely to die from cancer than people who eat more plant-based foods, according to a study.
Fruit salad with citrus sugar
- 1 cup (110g) frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium (250g) kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
- 2 medium (480g) oranges, segmented
- 1/2 medium (600g) pineapple, peeled, sliced
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 litre sorbet (lemon, orange or strawberry)
- CITRUS SUGAR
- 1/3 cup (75g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1. CITRUS SUGAR: Blend or process all the ingredients until well combined.
2. Before serving, combine the cranberries and 1 tablespoon of Citrus Sugar; stir until dissolved.
3. Arrange fruit on a platter; sprinkle with Citrus Sugar. Serve with scoops of sorbet.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.