Nine steps to the perfectly poured beerBars are full of rituals that elevate mere boozing to a loftier status. At their best, patrons form orderly queues to receive the sacrament of the grain or grape from skilled barkeeps who dispense...
Choosing the perfect glass for your beerGlassware plays a huge role in the beer experience and if there is any tip I can give you when it comes to drinking beer, it's to pour your brew into a glass before you enjoy it. Trust me on that one.
How to supercharge your home brew, with tips from an amateur brewer who turned proIn honour of International Beer Day on August 1, we've found someone who can tell you how to create your own top-notch brews.
Fruit salad with citrus sugar
- 1 cup (110g) frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 medium (250g) kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
- 2 medium (480g) oranges, segmented
- 1/2 medium (600g) pineapple, peeled, sliced
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 litre sorbet (lemon, orange or strawberry)
- CITRUS SUGAR
- 1/3 cup (75g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1. CITRUS SUGAR: Blend or process all the ingredients until well combined.
2. Before serving, combine the cranberries and 1 tablespoon of Citrus Sugar; stir until dissolved.
3. Arrange fruit on a platter; sprinkle with Citrus Sugar. Serve with scoops of sorbet.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.