5 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 1½ cups (420g) Dairy Farmers European Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 600g diced lamb
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber, seeded, chopped finely
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large pitta bread
- 75g rocket leaves
- 2 medium (300g) tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium (170g) red onion, sliced thinly
Combine yogurt, juice, garlic, oregano and cumin in a large bowl; remove half and reserve. Add lamb to remaining yogurt mixture; toss to coat lamb. Thread lamb onto four wooden skewers. Stir cucumber and mint into reserved yogurt mixture.
Drizzle lamb skewers with oil; cook in a heated oiled grill pan (or grill or barbecue) until cooked as desired.
Warm pitta in microwave on High (100%) for 20 seconds. Divide rocket, tomato and onion among pitta; top with lamb skewers and drizzle with reserved yogurt mixture. Roll pitta tightly to enclose filling. Holding pitta tightly; pull skewer from meat and discard.