Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Lamb koftas with rustic tabouli
4 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 1/3 cup cracked wheat
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Handful roughly chopped fresh mint
- 200g punnet grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 3 green onions (shallots), sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- 600g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped mint
- 2 green onions (shallots), sliced
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup soda water
- 1½ tsp salt flakes
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Pita bread and tzatziki, to serve
- Small bowl
- Cling wrap
- 2 medium bowls
- Baking tray
- Frying pan
1. Make tabouli Place cracked wheat and boiling water in small bowl; cover with cling wrap. Set aside for 30 mins. In other bowl toss parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate until cracked wheat is ready.
2. Make koftas Meanwhile, combine mince, garlic, ground cumin and coriander, mint, green onions, breadcrumbs, soda water and salt and pepper in bowl. Roll into 12 patties and place on baking tray.
3. Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook koftas for 3 to 4 mins each side or until cooked through.
4. Drain cracked wheat and toss through salad. Serve with koftas, pita bread and tzatziki.You can make the uncooked koftas a day ahead and store in the fridge. Use store-bought tabouli if you prefer.