Pregnant women should drink more milk to increase their child's IQExpectant mothers who don't get enough iodine risk having children with a low IQ, according to a UK study.
NASA to make 3D printed pizzaForget labouring over meals in the kitchen, a Jetsons-style life with food produced at the press of a button could be on the horizon, thanks to 3D printing.
The Today Show guys tried the world's hottest meat pie, here's what happenedRon Bruns from the Bremen Patisserie in NSW has concocted the world’s hottest pie, which he serves with a legal waiver.
Lamb koftas with rustic tabouli
4 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 1/3 cup cracked wheat
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Handful roughly chopped fresh mint
- 200g punnet grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 3 green onions (shallots), sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- 600g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped mint
- 2 green onions (shallots), sliced
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup soda water
- 1½ tsp salt flakes
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Pita bread and tzatziki, to serve
- Small bowl
- Cling wrap
- 2 medium bowls
- Baking tray
- Frying pan
1. Make tabouli Place cracked wheat and boiling water in small bowl; cover with cling wrap. Set aside for 30 mins. In other bowl toss parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate until cracked wheat is ready.
2. Make koftas Meanwhile, combine mince, garlic, ground cumin and coriander, mint, green onions, breadcrumbs, soda water and salt and pepper in bowl. Roll into 12 patties and place on baking tray.
3. Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook koftas for 3 to 4 mins each side or until cooked through.
4. Drain cracked wheat and toss through salad. Serve with koftas, pita bread and tzatziki.You can make the uncooked koftas a day ahead and store in the fridge. Use store-bought tabouli if you prefer.