Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Greek-style baked lamb with feta
4 stars - based on 3 reviews
- 1.5kg lamb shoulder, on the bone
- 6 garlic cloves (3 sliced, 3 crushed)
- ½ cup roughly chopped oregano
- ½ cup olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 200g feta
- lemon cheeks, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 baby cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- cup mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Using a small sharp knife, make small incisions in lamb, stuffing with sliced garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine oregano, oil, zest, juice, mint and crushed garlic. Coat lamb in marinade mixture. Cover and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160°C. Line roasting pan with baking paper. Transfer lamb to pan and cover with foil. Bake 3 hours. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Crumble feta over lamb. Return to oven further 25-30 minutes, until feta is golden. Cover loosely with foil and rest 15 minutes before carving.
- SALAD: In a salad bowl, toss all ingredients together. Season to taste.
- Serve lamb slices with salad and lemon.
- To add further flavour, dress salad with a drizzle of red-wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar.
- Any cold leftovers are delicious in salads or sandwiches.