Meals delivered when you don't want takeawayWe're all a bit "time poor" these days but cutting corners when it comes to nutrition can have a really negative effect on your health. Daily takeaways obviously aren't ideal and there are only so...
Fruit and veg countdown to health and happinessIf you're confused about how much fruit and veg you should have in your diet, you've got good reason to be. There's plenty of professional advice out there and the advice is being applied to not just...
Barbecue oystersIt's oyster season! This makes my heart sing as I am a serious lover of the bivalve. I will drive for hundreds of miles to get a taste of the freshest oysters I can find but because they are such a...
Spicy lamb and rocket on turkish
- 750g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons each dried cumin and coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Olive oil spray
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- 100g tub Hommus Dip
- 100g bag baby rocket
- Natural low-fat yogurt, to serve
1. Place mince, garlic, parsley, spices and zest in a large mixing bowl; mix well using hands to combine. Shape into 8 thick, sausage-shaped logs. Chill for 30 minutes until firm.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat; spray with olive oil. Cook patties for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all over.
3. Cut bread through middle lengthwise,then in half to make 4 pieces. Grill or toast until golden brown. Spread with hommus. Top with rocket leaves, then lamb. Dollop servings with yogurt.
Cook lamb on the barbie, under a grill or in a frying pan. Great with chilli relish or tomato chutney.