The best pop-up dining in AustraliaTaking place in city laneways and beachside locations across Australia, the cool crowd can't get enough of the food and drink pop-up phenomenon. Now you can stay one step ahead of the culinary curve...
Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Spicy lamb and rocket on turkish
- 750g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons each dried cumin and coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Olive oil spray
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- 100g tub Hommus Dip
- 100g bag baby rocket
- Natural low-fat yogurt, to serve
1. Place mince, garlic, parsley, spices and zest in a large mixing bowl; mix well using hands to combine. Shape into 8 thick, sausage-shaped logs. Chill for 30 minutes until firm.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat; spray with olive oil. Cook patties for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all over.
3. Cut bread through middle lengthwise,then in half to make 4 pieces. Grill or toast until golden brown. Spread with hommus. Top with rocket leaves, then lamb. Dollop servings with yogurt.
Cook lamb on the barbie, under a grill or in a frying pan. Great with chilli relish or tomato chutney.