Quail with cherriesHere's an interesting fact: "quail" is actually the name for dozens of different species of birds as opposed to just one. I did not previously know that. I was surprised to find this out but then...
Beetroot and feta salad with crispy sageThere are few things more satisfying than getting your hands stained a bright fuchsia by the common garden beet. Almost every country in the world has their very own recipe for this earthy vegetable...
Kuku sabzi, the Persian omeletteThank the world that Middle Eastern food is starting to push its way in front of the monotonous burger and chicken wing takeaways that occupy every main street in the land. I'm not talking about...
Spicy lamb and rocket on turkish
- 750g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons each dried cumin and coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Olive oil spray
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- 100g tub Hommus Dip
- 100g bag baby rocket
- Natural low-fat yogurt, to serve
1. Place mince, garlic, parsley, spices and zest in a large mixing bowl; mix well using hands to combine. Shape into 8 thick, sausage-shaped logs. Chill for 30 minutes until firm.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat; spray with olive oil. Cook patties for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all over.
3. Cut bread through middle lengthwise,then in half to make 4 pieces. Grill or toast until golden brown. Spread with hommus. Top with rocket leaves, then lamb. Dollop servings with yogurt.
Cook lamb on the barbie, under a grill or in a frying pan. Great with chilli relish or tomato chutney.