Sugary drinks increase stroke risk: studyDrinking two glasses of cordial or soft drink a day could increases your risk of stroke by 20 percent, according to Swedish researchers.
It's official: The world's best margherita pizza is made in MelbourneForget flying to Italy for a perfect margherita pizza – you just need to get to Brunswick, north of Melbourne, for a slice of the world's greatest cheesy goodness.
Apple crumble biscuitsThese Apple crumble biscuits hark back to that time, but without the mouth cloying effects. They are buttery and sweet and can be made relatively quickly – certainly as quick as a 1970s packet...
Spicy lamb and rocket on turkish
- 750g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons each dried cumin and coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Olive oil spray
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- 100g tub Hommus Dip
- 100g bag baby rocket
- Natural low-fat yogurt, to serve
1. Place mince, garlic, parsley, spices and zest in a large mixing bowl; mix well using hands to combine. Shape into 8 thick, sausage-shaped logs. Chill for 30 minutes until firm.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat; spray with olive oil. Cook patties for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally to brown all over.
3. Cut bread through middle lengthwise,then in half to make 4 pieces. Grill or toast until golden brown. Spread with hommus. Top with rocket leaves, then lamb. Dollop servings with yogurt.
Cook lamb on the barbie, under a grill or in a frying pan. Great with chilli relish or tomato chutney.