1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly oil a 24cm springform tin, line base with baking paper. Spread 1 tablespoon of the oil over the base.
2. Rinse the wheat in a fine sieve under cold water; drain well.
3. Process onion until chopped finely. Add the lamb, salt, pepper and cinnamon and wheat; process until a thick paste forms. Press the lamb mixture over the base of the prepared tin. Brush with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with the pine nuts; press lightly into the surface. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. SPICED ONIONS: Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium frying pan. Add onion; cook, covered, over medium heat, for 15 minutes. Uncover, cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 10 minutes or until onion is soft but not coloured. Add spices; season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook, stirring, until fragrant. Stir in pine nuts.
5. Top cooked meatloaf with Spiced Onions, parsley and sumac. Serve with a cucumber and tomato salad, if desired.
Uncooked meatloaf suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.