Lime and coconut sponge pudding
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 50g butter, melted
- Grated zest of 1 large lime
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup milk
- Toasted coconut and extra lime zest, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Combine sugar and flour in a mixing bowl. Stir in butter, lime zest and juice. Combine egg yolks, coconut milk and milk; stir into dry mixture.
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt, using an electric mixer, until stiff and moist. Lightly fold whites through batter until no streaks remain. Divide mixture between 4 x 1 cup ovenproof bowls.
3. Place bowls in a baking dish. Fill dish with 2.5cm hot water. Bake for 20 minutes. Increase oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Bake 10 minutes until tops are well-browned and springy to touch. Serve warm with coconut and zest if you like.
TIPS: This pudding separates into two luscious layers – a saucy pudding beneath a light sponge.