Lobster carpaccio with zucchini and mint salad
4 stars - based on 1 reviews
- 1 green southern rock lobster (about 1.2kg; see note)
- 4 green zucchini, cut into julienne on a mandolin
- ¼ cup each thinly sliced mint and flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 75 ml each lemon juice and orange juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 150 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp each of finely grated lemon and orange rind
Prep time 15 mins, cook 5 mins
With jewel-like pieces of raw lobster meat and thin shavings of zucchini, this salad is not only light and super-easy but beautiful as well.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat, add lobster and cook for 1 minute, then refresh in a large bowl of iced water until cool. Peel (discard shell) and remove tail meat in one piece. Thinly slice tail crossways with a large sharp knife and refrigerate until required.
For citrus dressing, combine juices and brown sugar in a bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved, then whisk in olive oil and rind, season to taste and set aside.
Combine zucchini and herbs in a large bowl, drizzle over a little dressing and toss to combine. Scatter over plates or serving platter, arrange lobster on top, drizzle over remaining dressing, season to taste and serve.